Friday, September 28, 2018

Friday's Funnies

Wedding Tears

During my brother's wedding, my mother managed to keep from crying until she glanced at my grandparents.  My grandmother had reached over to my grandfather's wheelchair and gently touched his hand.  That was all it took to start my mother's tears flowing.  After the wedding, Mom went over to my grandmother and told her how that tender gesture triggered her outburst.  "Well, I'm sorry to ruin your moment," Grandmother replied, "but I was just checking to see if he was still alive."

Two Airheads At A Gas Station

Airhead #1: "These prices are awful. They just keep going higher!"
Airhead #2: "It doesn't affect me at all; I always put in just $20 worth."

Fearless Captain

Once upon a time, long ago, there lived a sailor named Captain Bravo. He was a manly man's man, who showed no fear when facing his enemies.  One day, while sailing the Seven Seas, his lookout spotted a pirate ship, and the crew became frantic.  Captain Bravo bellowed, "Bring me my red shirt!" The first mate quickly retrieved the captain's red shirt, and while wearing the brightly colored frock, the Captain led his crew into battle and defeated the pirates.  That evening, all the men sat around on the deck recounting the day's triumph. One of them asked the Captain, "Sir, why did you call for your red shirt before battle?"  The captain replied, "If I am wounded in the attack, the shirt will not show my blood. Thus, you men will continue to fight, unafraid."  All of the men sat in and marveled at the courage of such a manly man's man.  As dawn came the next morning, the lookout spotted not one, not two, but TEN pirate ships approaching. The crew stared in worshipful silence at the captain and waited for his usual orders.  Captain Bravo gazed with steely eyes upon the vast armada arrayed against his ship, and without fear, turned and calmly shouted, "Get me my brown pants!"

Laughing Prayer

A good friend was waiting nearby while his young son prayed silently before going to bed. Suddenly the boy burst out laughing.  "Reggie!" scolded his father, "Why are you laughing during prayer?"  "But Dad," the boy answered, "you told me that prayer is talking to God as to a friend, and I just told him a joke."

Call The Pastor

A pastor assured his congregation he was their servant and that they should feel free to call him anytime they had a problem.  That night the pastor's phone rang at 3 a.m. On the other end was a dear elderly lady who said, "Pastor, I can't sleep."  "I’m so sorry to hear that," he comforted her.  "But what can I do about it?" the pastor said.  She sweetly replied, "Preach to me a while, pastor."

Cop Quotes

"The handcuffs are tight because they're new. They'll stretch out after you wear them awhile."

"And if you run, you'll only go to jail tired."

"So, you don't know how fast you were going. Well, I guess that means I can write anything I want on the ticket, huh?"

"Warning! You want a warning? Okay, I'm warning you not to do that again or I'll give you ANOTHER ticket."

"The answer to this last question will determine whether you are drunk or not. Was Mickey Mouse a cat or dog?"

"Yeah, we have a quota. Two more tickets and my wife gets a toaster oven."

"Life's tough, it's tougher if you're stupid."

"No sir, we don't have quotas anymore. We used to have quotas, but now we're allowed to write as many tickets as we want."

"Just how big were those two beers?"

Occupation

"What's your father's occupation?" asked the school secretary on the first day of the new academic year. "He's a magician, ma'am" said Little Johnny. "How interesting. What's his favorite trick?" "He saws people in half." "Wow! Now, next question. Any brothers or sisters?" "One half brother and two half sisters."

Hunters

Two guys are out hunting, and as they are walking along they came upon a huge hole in the ground. They approach it and are amazed at the size of it.  The first hunter says, "Wow, that's some hole; I can't even see the bottom. I wonder how deep it is?"  The second hunter says," I don't know. Let's throw something down there, listen and see how long it takes to hit bottom."  The first hunter says, "Hey, there's an old automobile transmission over there. Give me a hand, we'll throw it in and see."  So they pick it up and carry it over and count one, two, three and heave it in the hole. They are standing there listening, looking over the edge, when they hear a rustling behind them. As they turn around, they see a goat come crashing through the underbrush, run up to the hole and, without hesitation, jump in headfirst.  While they are standing there staring at each other in amazement, trying to figure out what that was all about, an old farmer saunters up. "Say there," says the farmer, "You fellers didn't happen to see my goat around here anywhere, did you?"  The first hunter says, "Funny you should ask, but we were just standing here a minute ago and a goat came running out of the bushes doing about a hundred miles an hour and jumped headfirst into this here hole!!"   The old farmer said, "Naw, that's impossible...I had him chained to a transmission.”

Today’s Thought


Love thy neighbor - tune thy piano.

No comments: