Friday, June 16, 2017

Friday's Funnies

Oops

My boss called me today and said, "How's it going at the office today? Is everything okay?"  I told him, "Yep, all under control. It's been busy. I haven't had a break all day."  "Great. Can you do me a favor?"  "Sure, boss. What?"  "Speed up play; I'm in the foursome behind you!"

New CEO

A company, feeling it was time for a shakeup, hired a new CEO. The new boss was determined to rid the company of all slackers.  On a tour of the facilities, the CEO noticed a guy leaning against a wall and idly picking his teeth. The room was full of workers and he wanted to let them know that he meant business. He asked the guy,  "How much money do you make a week?" A little surprised, the young man looked at him and said, "I make $400 a week. Why?"  The CEO said, "Wait right here."  He walked back to his office, came back in two minutes, and handed the guy $1,600 in cash and said, "Here's four weeks' pay. Now GET OUT and don't come back."  Feeling pretty good about himself the CEO looked around the room and asked,  "Does anyone want to tell me what that goof-ball did here?"  From across the room a voice said, "Sure - he was the Pizza delivery guy from Domino's and was just waiting to collect the money!"

High Fructose Corn Syrup

Husband: It says in this article that high fructose corn syrup made me fat.
Wife: That's ridiculous!
Husband: OK, 'Ms. know it all'. If high fructose corn syrup didn't make me fat, what did?
Wife: Going back for thirds.

Diamonds

After many years, her original wedding band had become worn and thin, so she asked her husband to buy her a new ring as her anniversary present. But this time she asked him to buy her one with diamonds. They went down to the jewelry store to pick one out.  As they waited for the clerk, she said to her husband, "My eyes aren't as good as they used to be, so I'd really like diamonds I can see."  Having overheard their conversation, a lady standing nearby remarked, "Sir, it would be cheaper if you bought her glasses."

Paraprosdokians

Paraprosdokians are figures of speech in which the latter part of a sentence or phrase is surprising or unexpected and is frequently humorous.

1. Where there's a will, I want to be in it.
2. Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
3. If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.
4. We never really grow up -- we only learn how to act in public.
5. War does not determine who is right, only who is left.
6. Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.
7. To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism. To steal from many is research.
8. In filling out an application, where it says, "In case of emergency, notify... " I answered " a doctor."
9. You do not need a parachute to skydive. You only need a parachute to skydive twice.
10. I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure.
11. To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first and call whatever you hit the target.
12. Going to church doesn't make you a Christian, any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.
13. I'm supposed to respect my elders, but it's getting harder and harder for me to find one now.

Israelites out of Egypt

Nine year old Dewey was asked by his mother what he had learned in Sunday school.  "Well, Mom, our teacher told us how God sent Moses behind enemy lines on a rescue mission to lead the Israelites out of Egypt. When he got to the Red Sea, he had his engineers build a pontoon bridge and all the people walked across safely. Then he used his walkie-talkie to radio headquarters for reinforcements. They sent bombers to blow up the bridge and all the Israelites were saved."  "Now, Dewey, is that really what your teacher taught you?" his mother asked.  "Well, no, Mom. But if I told it the way the teacher did, you'd never believe it!"

A Parent’s Prayer

Now I lay me down to sleep,
I pray my sanity to keep.

For if some peace I do not find,
I'm pretty sure I'll lose my mind.

I pray I find a little quiet,
Far from the daily family riot.

May I lie back and not have to think
About what they're stuffing down the sink,

Or who they're with, or where they're at
And what they're doing to the cat.

I pray for time all to myself
(did something just fall off a shelf?)

To cuddle in my nice, soft bed
(Oh no, another goldfish dead!)

Some silent moments for goodness sake
(Did I just hear a window break?)

And that I need not cook or clean
(well don’t I have the right to dream?)

Yes now I lay me down to sleep,
I pray my wits about me keep,

But as I look around I know,
I must have lost them long ago!

Today’s Thought


Teach your kids about taxes.  Eat 30% of their ice cream

No comments: