Friday, July 22, 2016

Friday's Funnies

You Know It's Hot When...

- When your car is overheating before you drive it.
- Your computer won't work unless it has it's own AC blowing on it.
- Hot air balloons can't go up, because the air outside is hotter than the heated air in the balloon
- You discover that you can drive the car using only two fingers on the hot steering wheel.
- The ducks in the park are designated "original recipe" and "extra crispy."
-More hot water comes from the cold water tap than the hot one.
- Your pool water boils so much in the sun that you can boil potatoes in ten minutes in it.
- You burn the grass by watering it with the hose.
- A hot shower cools you off.
- The politicians have to take their hands out of your pockets to fan themselves.
- You cover the leather seats in the car with cloth or sit on towels.
- Sunscreen is sold at the front of the checkout counter, a formula less than 30 SPF is a joke, and you wear it just to go shopping.
- You burn your hand opening the car door and your rear end wearing shorts on the hot seats.
- You notice the best parking place is determined by the shade under trees instead of the distance to the door.
- Your dog refuses to go outside so you are forced to build and inside a/c toilet facility for it.
- All picnics feature hot food like it or not.
- There is no such thing as "Cool Aid."
- The beaches are over populated with natives instead of tourists.

Bragging

Three little boys were bragging about how tough they were.  
"I'm so tough," said the first boy, "that I can wear out a pair of shoes in a week."
"Well," said the second little boy, "I'm so tough, I can wear out a pair of jeans in a day."
"That's nothing," said the third boy. "When my parents take me to see my grandma and grandpa, I can wear them out in just one hour."

Spy Job

A college graduate applied for a spy job at the Central Intelligence Agency.  Together with several other applicants, he was given a sealed envelope and told to take it to the fourth floor.  As soon as the young man was alone, he stepped into an empty hallway and opened the packet.  Inside, a message read: "You're our kind of person. Report to the fifth floor."

Computer Games

Finally, after years of testing business software, I landed my dream job -- trying out computer games. My first day at work I was listing various ideas in a spreadsheet program when my manager walked by. He looked at my screen for a moment, then said sternly, "I'd better not catch you using spreadsheets on company time when you know you should be playing games."

The Lawyer and the Farmer

A big city lawyer was called in on a case between a farmer and a large railroad company. The farmer noticed that his prize cow was missing from the field through which the railroad passed. He filed suit against the railroad company for the value of the cow. The case was to be tried before the Justice of the Peace in the back room of the General Store.  The attorney immediately cornered the farmer and tried to get him to settle out of court. The lawyer did his best selling job, and the farmer finally agreed to take half of what he was claiming to settle the case. After the farmer signed the release and took the check, the young lawyer couldn't help but gloat a little over his success.  He said to the farmer, "You know, I hate to tell you this but I put one over on you in there. I couldn't have won the case. The engineer was asleep and the fireman was in the caboose when the train went through your farm that morning. I didn't have one witness to put on the stand."  The old farmer replied, "Well, I'll tell you, young feller, I was a little worried about winning that case myself because that durned cow came home this morning!"

Mom and Dad

What we said differently to Mom and Dad growing up:

To Mom:                      
I'm hungry...                                                   
I'm cold...
I'm hot...       
Can I have...
I want to watch...
Where are you?
Can you ask Dad?
Can you help me...
He punched me...
She scratched me...
I want to go there...
When are we...?
Why are we...?
Why can't we...?

To Dad:
Where's mom?

The Human Cannonball

After a long career of being blasted across the circus tent into a tiny net, day after day, the human cannonball was tired.  He told the circus owner he was going to retire.  "But you can't!" protested the boss. "Where am I going to find another man of your caliber?"

Today’s Thought

When people run around and around in circles, we say they are crazy. When planets do it, we say they are orbiting.


No comments: