Friday, September 21, 2012

Friday's Funnies


Lumber order

Have you heard about the guys who drove their pickup truck into a lumberyard?  One of them walked in the office and said, “We need some four-by-twos.”  “You mean two-by-fours, don’t you?” the clerk said.  “Let me go check,” replied the man, and he went back to the truck.  “Yeah, I meant two-by-fours,” he said, returning a few moments later.  “Alright. How long do you need them?”  The customer paused for a minute to think and then finally said, “I’d better go check.”  After a while he returned to the office and said, “A long time. We’re building a house.”

A few more Puns

I tried to catch some fog. I mist.

What do you call a dinosaur with an extensive vocabulary? A thesaurus.

England has no kidney bank, but it does have a Liverpool.

I used to be a banker, but then I lost interest.

I dropped out of communism class because of lousy Marx.

All the toilets in New York's police stations have been stolen. Police have nothing to go on.

Velcro - what a rip off!

Cartoonist found dead in home. Details are sketchy.

Venison for dinner? Oh deer!

Earthquake in Washington, obviously government's fault.

Be kind to your dentist. He has fillings, too…

Easy Access

Did you hear the one about the bank where the employees went on strike, leaving the bank officers to do the teller's tasks? While the strike was on, a customer called the bank to ask if they were open. They told her that they had two windows open. After a pause, the caller inquired, "Can't I just come through the front door?"

Unusual Headlines

"Juvenile Court to Try Shooting Defendant" (See if that works any better than a fair trial!)
"War Dims Hope for Peace" (I can see where it might have that effect!)
"Red Tape Holds Up New Bridges" (You mean there's something stronger than duct tape?)
"Hospitals are Sued by 7 Foot Doctors" (Boy, are they tall!)

Letter of Resignation

Asked why she was leaving her position, a secretary explained in her letter of resignation: "Dear Boss, My reason for leaving will soon be apparent. And so will I. (Signed) Mary"
Experience Pays

Here's a little tip from me to you as an experienced traveler. Wake-up calls are the worst way to wake up. The phone rings, it's loud and you can't turn it down. I leave the number of the room next to me. It just rings very quietly and you hear a guy yell, "Why are you calling me?" Then you get up and take a shower. It's great.

School Excuses

The following notes from parents excusing their children from attending school have been around a while but if you haven't seen them, I'm sure you will get a kick out of them:
  • "Please excuse Freddie from being away yesterday because he had the fuel."
  • "Please accuse Michael from being absent on January 30 because he was aleing."
  • "George was absent yesterday because of a sore trout."
  • "Please excuse Betsey from being absent. She was sick and I had her shot."
  • "Joseph has been absent becuz he had two teeth taken off his face."
  • "My son is under doctor's care and should not take fisical education. Please execute him."
  • "Please excuse Ralph from school on Friday. He had very loose vowels."
Smart lady

An elderly woman decided to prepare her will and told her pastor she had two final requests.  First, she wanted to be cremated, and second, she wanted her ashes scattered over Wal-Mart.  "Wal-Mart?" the pastor exclaimed. "Why Wal-Mart?"  "Then I'll be sure my daughters visit me twice a week."

Duh

A man was walking along the street when he saw a crowd of people running toward him. He stopped one of the runners and asked, "What's happening?"  The runner replied breathlessly, "A lion has escaped from the city zoo."  "Oh no! Which way is it heading?"  "Well, you don't think we're chasing it, do you?" 

New driver

Junior had just received his brand new driver's license. The family troops out the driveway where he is going to take them for a ride for the first time.  Dad immediately heads for the back seat, directly behind the newly minted driver.  "I'll bet you're back there to get a change of scenery after all those months of sitting in the front passenger seat teaching me how to drive," says the beamish boy to the 'ole man..  "Nope," comes dad's reply, "I'm gonna sit here and kick the back of yer seat as you drive, just like you've been doing to me all these years."

Today’s thought

Seen on the back of a septic company truck: "A flush beats a full house."

No comments: