Friday, July 2, 2021

Friday's Funnies

 

Happy 4th of July

The Fourth of July was coming up, and the nursery school teacher took the opportunity to tell her class about patriotism. "We live in a great country," she said. "One of the things we should be happy is that, in this country, we are all free." One little boy came walking up to her from the back of the room. He stood with his hands on his hips and said, "I'm not free. I'm four."

4th Shorts

 

-        What was the craziest battle of the Revolutionary War? The Battle of Bonkers Hill.

-        Teacher: Johnny, what are the last words of "The Star-Spangled Banner"? Johnny: "Play ball"?

-        What kind of tea did the American colonists thirst for? Liberty!

-        What did the colonists wear to the Boston Tea Party? Tea-shirts.

-        What is the difference between a duck and George Washington? One has a bill on his face; the other has his face on a bill!

-        Why were the first Pennsylvania settlers like ants? Because they lived in colonies.

-        What did one flag say to the other flag? Nothing. It just waved!

-        What dance was very popular in 1776? Indepen-dance!

-        What would you get if you crossed George Washington with cattle feed? The Fodder of Our Country!

-        Did you hear the one about the Liberty Bell? Yeah, it cracked me up!

-        What did King George think of the American colonists? He thought they were revolting!

-        Do they have a 4th of July in England? Yes. That's how they get from the 3rd to the 5th.

-        What protest by a group of dogs occurred in 1773? The Boston Flea Party!

-        Which colonists told the most jokes? Punsylvanians!

-        How is a healthy person like the United States? They both have good constitutions!

 

I Need a Raise

 

I told my boss that three companies were after me and I need a raise. My boss asked, "What companies?" Gas, water and electric.

 

English

 

Free advice for non-native English speakers:  The word READ is pronounced like LEAD, but the word READ is pronounced like LEAD.

 

Church Instead of Fishing

 

A man who hadn't attended church in years suddenly began attending faithfully on Sunday mornings instead of going fishing as was his normal habit.  The pastor was highly gratified and at the end of service one morning told him, "How wonderful it makes me feel to see you at services with your good wife!" "Well, Preacher," said the fisherman, "Quite honestly, it's a matter of choice. I'd much rather hear your sermon than hers."

 

Cosmetics

 

Joe's wife bought a new line of expensive cosmetics guaranteed to make her look years younger. After a lengthy sitting before the mirror applying the "miracle" products, she asked, "Darling, honestly, what age would you say I am?"  Looking over her carefully, Joe replied, "Judging from your skin, twenty; your hair, eighteen; and your figure, twenty five."  "Oh, you flatterer!" she gushed.  "Hey, wait a minute!" Joe interrupted. "I haven't added them up yet."

 

Church

 

A young boy went to church for the first time. His grandpa asked how he liked it. The youngster's review: "The music was nice, but the commercial was too long."

 

Cookies

 

A husband took his young daughter to the grocery store to help him buy groceries. In addition to the healthy items on his wife's carefully prepared list, the two of them returned home with a package of sugar-filled cookies.  "Why in the world did you buy those?" his wife asked. "You know they aren't good for you!"  "Oh, but don't worry, honey, these cookies have one-third less calories than usual in them," the husband replied.  The wife looked all over the package but couldn't find any claim to that fact, so she asked, "What makes you think that?"  "We ate about a third of the box on the way home."

 

Sixteen Times

 

A little boy was attending his first wedding. After the service, his cousin asked him, "How many women can a man marry?"  "Sixteen," the boy responded.  His cousin was amazed that he had an answer so quickly. "How do you know that?"  "Easy," the little boy said. "All you have to do is add it up, like the bishop said: 4 better, 4 worse, 4 richer, 4 poorer."

 

I am a Senager. (Senior teenager)

 

-        I have everything that I wanted as a teenager, only 60 years later.

-        I don't have to go to school or work.

-        I get an allowance every month.

-        I have my own pad.

-        I don't have a curfew.

-        I have a driver's license and my own car.

-        When I was a child I thought nap time was a punishment. Now it feels like a small vacation.

-        I don't have gray hair, I have "wisdom highlights."

-        Of course I talk to myself. Sometimes I need expert advice.

 

Dad Joke

 

The salesman at the furniture store told me, "This sofa will seat 5 people without any problems." I said, "And just where am I going to find 5 people without any problems???"

 

Today’s Thought

 

Remember when we were kids and we'd say, "I can't wait until I get older and can do whatever I want!" So, how's that working for ya?

No comments: