Friday, November 29, 2013

Friday's Funnies

An Ode To Thanksgiving:

May your stuffing be tasty
May your turkey be plump,
May your potatoes and gravy
Have nary a lump.
May your yams be delicious
And your pies take the prize,
And may your Thanksgiving dinner
Stay off your thighs!
                                                                          
What Turkeys Need To Know But Don’t

1. By limiting your corn intake to 175 kernels a day, you can lose thirteen pounds or three hours baking time, whatever the case may be.

2. There is no such thing as the friendly ax-man.

3. Hiding inside old Jack-O-Lanterns never works.

4. Running helps you lose weight, but you will never fly, ever.

5. Stop writing to Benjamin Franklin; he's dead, and you lost that National symbol argument long ago.

6. No one buys the "you can't eat a turkey with glasses routine."

7. If anyone asks you about your drumstick size, be afraid; be very afraid.

8. Sweet corn meal is NOT low in calories. Stop eating it.

9. Pretending to be "just a chicken" is not very smart.

10. If there are not pigs or geese on your farm, you should probably worry about Christmas as well.

Pondering the Imponderable

·         Is there another word for synonym?
·         Where do forest rangers go to "get away from it all"?
·         What do you do when you see an endangered animal eating an endangered plant?
·         Would a fly without wings be called a walk?
·         If a turtle doesn't have a shell, is he homeless or naked?
·         Can vegetarians eat animal crackers?
·         If the police arrest a mime, do they tell him he has the right to remain silent?
·         Why do they put Braille on the drive-through bank machines?
·         How do they get deer to cross the road only at those yellow road signs?

It's Time

The banana loaf I was making was in the oven when my 16-year-old came into the kitchen where the family had gathered. "That bread smells about done don't you think, Mom?" he asked. I told him I had set the timer and it was fine. A little later he repeated his suggestion. "Mom, I really think that loaf is done. Maybe you should check it." Always quick to come to my defense, my 13-year-old son said, "Eddie, Mom's been burning that banana bread for 20 years now. I think she knows when to take it out."

The Sermon Review

A lady was visiting a church one Sunday. The sermon seemed to go on forever, and many in the congregation fell asleep. After the service, she turned to a very sleepy-looking gentleman sitting in a nearby pew, extended her hand in greeting, and said, "Hello, I'm Gladys Dunn." Without a moment's hesitation, the man replied, "You're not the only one ma'am. I'm glad he's done, too!"

Three Important Words
At my granddaughter's wedding reception, the DJ polled the guests to see who had been married longest. It turned out to be my husband and me. The DJ asked us, "What advice would you give to the newly married couple?"  I said, "The three most important words in a marriage are, 'You're probably right.'"  Everyone then looked at my husband. He said, "She's probably right."

Clocks

A man died and went to heaven, where he met St. Peter sitting at a desk in the middle of a great hall. On the walls were millions of clocks.  "What are those used for?" he asked.  St. Peter said, "There's one of them for every living person on Earth ticking out the days of their lives."  The newcomer noticed that the hands of some of the clocks were moving faster than others. "Why do they move at different speeds?" he asked.  St. Peter said, "Every time you tell a lie, you lose one hour of your life and your clock speeds up."  The newcomer looked around and then asked, "Do you have one of these for my local politician?"  St. Peter answered, "Sure! It's in the back room. We use it for a ceiling fan."

Romantic

An elderly couple had just learned how to send text messages on their cell phones. The wife was a romantic type and the husband was more of a no-nonsense guy.

One afternoon the wife went out to meet a friend for coffee. As she waited for her friend, she decided to send her husband a romantic text message and she wrote:

"If you are sleeping, send me your dreams.
If you are laughing, send me your smile.
If you are eating, send me a bite.
If you are drinking, send me a sip.
If you are crying, send me your tears.
I love you."

The husband texted back to her:

"I'm on the toilet. Please advise."

No comments: