Friday, December 14, 2018

Friday's Funnies

Name That Christmas Carol (QUIZ)

(Answers at the end)

1. Quadruped with crimson proboscis
2. 5 p.m. to 6 a.m. without noise
3. Miniscule hamlet in the far east
4. Ancient benevolent despot
5. Adorn the vestibule
6. Exuberance directed to the planet
7. Listen, aerial spirits harmonizing
8. Monarchial trio
9. Yonder in the haystack
10. Assemble, everyone who believes
11. Hallowed post meridian
12. Fantasies of a colorless December 25th
13. A dozen 24-hour Yule periods
14. Befell during the transparent bewitching hour
15. Homo sapien of crystallized vapor
16. I merely desire a pair of incisors
17. Perambulating through a December solstice fantasy
18. Aloft on the acme of the abode
19. It's fixin' to appear extremely similar to December 25th.
20. Boppin' while circling the tannenbaum...
21. O approach, y'all devoted happy and victorious...
22. Ah! The atmospheric condition beyond is terrific...
23. Ourselves bid yourselves a joyous Noel and a cheerful neoteric 365 days...

The Nativity

A handyman, who was working for a Synagogue, had asked for a raise and was turned down. He decided to quit and went out to look for work. First, he went to a Catholic church and was told that in order to work there he would have to answer one question. The priest asked, "Where was Jesus born?" The man answered, "Pittsburgh," and was thrown out on his ear. He then went to a Baptist church. The minister told him that in order to get the job there, he would have to answer a question: "Where was Jesus born?" The man answered, "Philadelphia." He was promptly tossed out. Walking away he met the rabbi who was looking for him. The rabbi told him, "The board approved your raise. Please come back immediately." But the man turned to the rabbi and said, "I will come back only if you answer a question. Where was Jesus born?" The rabbi says, "Bethlehem." "Of course!" cried the man. "I knew it was in Pennsylvania."

Walkin' in a Doggie Wonderland

Dog tags ring, are you listenin'?
In the lane, snow is glistenin'.
It's yellow, NOT white, I've been there tonight, Marking up my winter wonderland.

Smell that tree? That's my fragrance.
It's a sign for wandering vagrants;
"Avoid where I pee, it's MY pro-per-ty!
Marked up as my winter wonderland."

In the meadow dad will build a snowman,
Following the classical design.
Then I'll lift my leg and let it go, man, So all the world will know that it's Mine-mine-mine!

Straight from me to the fence post,
Flows my natural incense boast;
"Stay off my turf, this small piece of earth, I marked it as my winter wonderland."

ANSWERS:

1. Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer
2. Silent Night
3. O' Little Town of Bethlehem
4. Good King Wenceslas (or some say Jolly Old St. Nicholas)
5. Deck the Halls
6. Joy to the World
7. Hark the Herald Angels Sing
8. We Three Kings
9. Away in a Manger
10. Come All Ye Faithful
11. O Holy Night
12. I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas
13. The Twelve Days of Christmas
14. It Came Upon a Midnight Clear
15. Frosty the Snowman
16. All I Want for Christmas is My Two Front Teeth
17. Walking Through a Winter Wonderland
18. Up on the Rooftop
19. It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas... "It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas"
20. Rockin' 'round the Christmas tree...
21. Oh come all ye faithful, joyful and triumphant... "Oh Come All Ye Faithful"
22. Oh, the weather outside is frightful... "Let it Snow"
23. We wish you a merry Christmas and a happy new year.... "We wish you a Merry Christmas"

Silent Night?

Little Johnny ran up to his uncle's chair. "Uncle, tell me again - what do you want for Christmas?"  The uncle smiled and repeated, "I just want some peace and quiet."  Johnny's face drooped a bit as he replied, "I know, but I just came back from the mall and they're out of it!"

Today’s Thought

Christmas is a race to see which gives out first - your money or your feet.


No comments: