Friday, October 23, 2015

Friday's Funnies

Time to Go

A woman was instructing the new maid on the great care required in handling certain valuable household objects. She pointed into the dining room and said with great pride, "That table goes back to Louis the Fourteenth."  "Oh, that's nothing," the maid interjected. "My whole living-room set goes back to Sears the fifteenth."

What's Your Secret?

A gushy reporter told Jack Nicklaus, "You are spectacular! Your name is synonymous with the game of golf. You really know your way around the course. What's your secret?"  Nicklaus replied, "The holes are numbered!"

Useful Metric Conversions

1 million microphones = 1 megaphone
1 million bicycles = 2 megacycles
365.25 days = 1 Unicycle
2000 mockingbirds = two kilomockingbirds
10 cards = 1 decacards
1 kilogram of falling figs = 1 Fig Newton
1 millionth of a fish = 1 microfiche
1 trillion pins = 1 terrapin
10 rations = 1 decoration
100 rations = 1 C-ration
10 millipedes = 1 centipede
10 monologs = 5 dialogues
5 dialogues = 1 decalogue
2 monograms = 1 diagram
8 nickels = 2 paradigms
2 wharves = 1 paradox
100 Senators = not 1 decision.

Retail Experience

Rossi was the manager of an upscale men's wear store in a wealthy section of town and was interviewing Abe for a recently advertised salesman role.  Rossi looked at Abe's resume and noticed that Abe had never worked in retail before.  Rossi said to Abe, "For someone with no retail experience, you are certainly asking for a high salary."  "Well, I suppose I am," Abe replied, "but you must understand that the work is so much harder when you don't know what you're doing." 

Heaven

The Sunday school teacher asked her preschool class, "How many of you would like to go to Heaven?"  All the children raised their hands except Tommy. The teacher asked Tommy why he wouldn't like to go to Heaven.  Tommy answered, "I'm sorry, but I can't. My mother told me to come right home after Sunday school."

"My car!"

A very successful lawyer parked his brand-new Lexus in front of his office, ready to show it off to his colleagues. As he got out, a truck passed too close and completely tore off the door on the driver's side. The lawyer immediately grabbed his cell phone, dialed 911, and within minutes a policeman pulled up.

Before the officer had a chance to ask any questions, the lawyer started screaming hysterically. His Lexus, which he had just picked up the day before, was now completely ruined and would never be the same, no matter what the body shop did to it.

When the lawyer finally wound down from his ranting and raving, the officer shook his head in disgust and disbelief. “I can't believe how materialistic you lawyers are,” he said. “You are so focused on your possessions that you don't notice anything else.”

“How can you say such a thing?” asked the lawyer.

The cop replied, “Don't you know that your left arm is missing from the elbow down? It must have been torn off when the truck hit you.”

“NO!” screamed the lawyer. “My Rolex! My Rolex!”

Name Game

My friend's habit of associating a person's name with something familiar in order to remember it recently caused a social disaster. She had been introduced to a Hazel Johnson at a gathering. Sometime later, they met again. My friend recognized the woman but forgot her name. She did, however, recall associating the name, and impulsively greeted her new acquaintance with, "I'm so sorry, I can't recall your name. But I distinctly remember you as some kind of nut!"

Pedal To The Metal

A senior citizen drove his brand new Corvette convertible out of the dealership. Taking off down the road, he pushed it to 80 mph, enjoying the wind blowing across his scalp. "Amazing," he thought, pushing the pedal even more. But then, looking in his rear view mirror, he saw a Florida State Trooper, blue lights flashing and siren blaring. He floored it to 100 mph, then 110, then 120. Suddenly he thought, "What am I doing? I'm too old for this!" So he pulled over to await the trooper's arrival. Pulling in behind him, the trooper got out of his vehicle and walked up to the Corvette. He looked at his watch and said, "Sir, my shift ends in 30 minutes. Today is Friday. If you can give me a new reason for speeding — a reason I've never before heard — I'll let you go." The old gentleman paused, then said, "Three years ago, my wife ran off with a Florida State Trooper. I thought you were bringing her back." After a brief pause to reflect, the Trooper said, "Have a good day, Sir."

Today’s Thought


I really didn't mean to push all your buttons. I was just looking for mute.

No comments: